The Business Investment visa 188 is for people having interest in investing in Australia. You can manage or own a business in Australia under this visa or you may also undertake investment or entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
This visa subclass is divided into FIVE main streams:
- Business Innovation Stream – This stream requires a nomination by Australian state or territory government agency. This visa is to own or manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor Stream – This visa is for people who want to make a designated investment of at least A$1.5 million
- Significant Investor Stream – This visa is for people who wish to invest A$ 5 million or more in Australia.
- Premium Investor Stream – This visa requires a minimum of A$ 15 million investment and nomination from Austrade.
- Entrepreneur Stream – This visa requires you to have a funding agreement of at least AUD200,000 to carry out entrepreneurial activity (innovative idea) in Australia.