Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
The Employer Nomination Visa is the Employer Sponsored visa where an Australian business requires a position listed under the eligible skilled occupation list (MILTSSL) and the employer requires the position for at least a two-year or more.
This visa is a permanent residence visa for the skilled worker, and it also allows the applicant’s family to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Business must be Registered in Australia
- Business is trading in Australia
- Business should have sufficient funds or income to pay the employee for further two years.
- There is a turnover requirement depending on the position nominated by the business. Example to sponsor an Accountant the business should have at least 1 million turnover.
- The position nominated by the business must be listed under MLTSSL
- Labour Market Testing is not required for 186 visa – But the business is require to prove genuine need of the employee.
- Market salary rate – the foreign worker must be paid either the market salary rate or the TSMIT ($53900 + Super), whichever is higher.
- Business must nominate the position for at least two years with an option to extend.
- Applicant must be below 45 years of age
- The applicant must hold the required qualification for the position
- The applicant requires minimum of 3 years of experience
- Full Skills Assessment is required – contact us to check if exemptions apply.
- Licence or registration may apply
- English requirement
- IELTS – 6.0 in each module
- OET – Score of at least ‘B’ in each of the four components
- TOEFL iBT – At least 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking
- PTE – At least 50 for each of the 4 components
- CAE – At least 169 in each of the 4 components