Who Should Apply
If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in outside Australia for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years (these 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not consecutively) you need to obtain an overseas police clearance by completing a Police Check Application Form available online for some countries. Click on the above mentioned link to apply online for Indian police clearance.
It is valid for 1 year.
How to apply?
- Fill out the online form with all mandatory details.
- Make payment online and submit the application.
- You will receive the filled form via email attachment after submission of the application.
- Take a print out of the form received in Email.
- Print out a personal particular form or Form J as required and fill out all the required details manually.
- Read the checklist attached and attach all required documents with the forms.
- It is required to submit the original Indian passport with the application for the verification purpose.
- Make sure the Photo specification is as per the requirement.
- Send application to VFS Sydney via courier, registered post or hand it over personally.
10. It may take 1 – 8 weeks for the certification.
FOR OTHER COUNTRIES – CLICK HERE
- Algeria, Angola
- Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros
- Congo (Republic of), Congo (Democratic Republic of)
- Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
- Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- Lesotho, Liberia
- Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius , Mayotte
- Morocco, Mozambique
- Namibia, Niger, Nigeria
- Reunion, Rwanda
- Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland
- Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia
- Zambia, Zimbabwe .
- Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Burma (Myanmar)
- Cambodia, China (People’s Republic of), Cook Islands
- East Timor (Timor Leste)
- Fiji, French Polynesia
- Hong Kong
- India, Indonesia
- Kiribati, Korea (Republic of)
- Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands (Republic of), Micronesia, Mongolia
- Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand
- Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Palau
- Samoa (US), Samoa (Western), Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka
- Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu
- Vanuatu, Vietnam
- Wallis and Futuna .
Central America, South America and the Caribbean
- Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil
- Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao
- Dominica, Dominican Republic
- Ecuador, El Salvador
- French Guiana
- Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica
- Martinique, Montserrat
- Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname
- Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Venezuela, Virgin Islands (British)
- Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan
- Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria
- Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Cyprus (Turkish occupied areas)
- Czech Republic
- Denmark (including Faroe Islands and Greenland)
- Finland, France
- Georgia, Germany, Greece
- Iceland, Ireland, Italy
- Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
- Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic of)/a>,Malta, Moldova
- Monaco, Montenegro (Republic of)
- Netherlands, Norway
- Poland, Portugal
- Romania, Russian Federation
- San Marino, Serbia (Republic of), Slovak Republic
- Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
- Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Palestinian Authority – West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Reference from: https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/appl/what-documents-do-you-need/good-character-and-offences (updated on 10 Apr 2019)