If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in outside Australia for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years (these 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not consecutively) you need to obtain an overseas police clearance by completing a Police Check Application Form available online for some countries. Click on the above mentioned link to apply online for Indian police clearance.
It is valid for 1 year.
- Fill out the online form with all mandatory details.
- Make payment online and submit the application.
- You will receive the filled form via email attachment after submission of the application.
- Take a print out of the form received in Email.
- Print out a personal particular form or Form J as required and fill out all the required details manually.
- Read the checklist attached and attach all required documents with the forms.
- It is required to submit the original Indian passport with the application for the verification purpose.
- Make sure the Photo specification is as per the requirement.
- Send application to VFS Sydney via courier, registered post or hand it over personally.
10. Usual processing time is 2 – 8 weeks for the certification. (in COVID situation it may take bit longer)