STUDENT VISA (Subclass 500)

Australia is one of the leading education destinations for International Students. The student visa (subclass 500) allows students to come to Australia to complete a full-time education or training in Australia. The process is relatively simple and easy for every student to understand. The student visa of Australia also provides one of the pathways to get permanent residency in Australia.


To apply for a student visa, you need to comply with two sets of overlapping requirements. Set one belongs to the Education provider and set two with the Department of Home Affairs. The Australian Universities or colleges usually check the basic conditions of the student’s admission eligibility and genuineness of their study and Department of Home Affairs also looks at the genuineness requirements along with the other legal criteria’s.

Admission Requirements

The Education Providers (University or Colleges) will look at the past academic studies and progress to assess the eligibility of a student for the current course. For example, some courses such as Bachelor of Nursing has additional requirements compared to the Bachelor of Management course.

If you have recently passed your schools, then you must ensure that you have achieved more than 60% as an aggregated score in your higher secondary education to access Australian Education.


If you have recently passed your bachelor degree or currently employed or running your own business and like to come to Australia for further education, then the University may require to see the relevance between your past studies and future studies. They will also look at the importance of your study to your current employment unless you provide clear reasoning in your statement of purpose about your change of career.

The University and Colleges have different level of English requirements base of a particular course. Unless Exempt, the English requirements are assessed by checking the English Language test result that is required at the time of admission. There are various English tests available for the admission purpose and to apply for a student visa:



Minimum scores vary between the University and colleges and also depends on the levels of study, so it’s best to check the exact English requirements before you apply. For example, the courses, such as nursing, education or law have higher English requirements compare to the Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses. If you don’t meet English language requirements, you may need to complete an ELICOS course before commencing your main course.

  • IELTS overall score of 6.0 to 6.5 (no band less than 5.5 to 6.0)
  • TOEFL (internet-based test) overall score of 60 to 90
  • CAE overall score of 169 to 176 (no less than 169 in any category)
  • PTE Academic overall score of 50 to 64.


  • Citizen of UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland OR
  • Foreign Affairs or, Defence sponsored student or a Secondary Exchange student
  • Your principal course of study is a registered school course,
  • Standalone ELICOS,
  • Course in a language other than English
  • Post-graduate research course
  • Completed at least five years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
  • If you completed more than 50% of course that is minimum at a Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa. The course must be studied in Australia and within the last two years.


Send us the following colour scan documents at

  1. Passport copy
  2. Birth certificates
  3. Passport photo scan copy
  4. All Academics documents of the main applicant
  5. Statement of Purpose
  6. Any previous COE or offer letter (if applicable)
  7. Current visa status or any past visa refusals (if applicable)