TSS 482 – WORK VSA
TEMPORARY SKILLED SHORTAGE (TSS) 482 WORK VISA
The TSS visa is the replacement of the old 457 visa with many new changes. This visa allows an Australian or on overseas employer to sponsor a foreign worker to work for their company up to 4 years.
There are different criteria’s applicable for an Australian registered business or an overseas entity never traded in Australia. The business needs to prove that they require a foreign worker to fill a position which cannot be filled by a local Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Australian Business Eligibility
- Business must be Registered in Australia
- Business has started trading in Australia
- Business can be new or old
- There is no minimum employee or minimum turnover requirement for business eligibility.
- The position nominated by the business must be listed under STSOL or MLTSSL
- Labour Market Testing – the business has made the effort to recruit a local employee by advertising the position at various recruitment websites (minimum two) for at least 28 days, but unable to find a right candidate.
- Market salary rate – the foreign worker must be paid either the market salary rate or the TSMIT ($53900 + Super), whichever is higher.
- Business must declare an estimated number of position they would sponsor during their Sponsorship period.
Overseas Business Eligibility
- Business must be trading outside Australia
- The business has not been registered or traded in Australia
- There is a requirement for the business to place an employee to fulfil a project requirement (usually IT companies are eligible for this) OR
- The overseas business requires to setup company in Australia.
- The business should be capable of paying a salary as per Australian standards.
Applicant Eligibility (for MLTSSL Position)
- The applicant must hold the required qualification for the position
- The applicant requires minimum of 2 years of experience
- Skills Assessment – For Trade occupations the applicant must commence the skills assessment process. Please note there is a provision to lodge the 482-visa application without having a positive skills assessment.
Click here to check if the occupation requires the skills assessment
Contact us to check the exemptions for the skills assessment.
- English requirement
- IELTS – minimum 5 each
- OET – Score of at least ‘B’ in each of the four components
- TOEFL iBT – iBT total score of at least 35 with a score of at least 4 for each of the test components of listening and reading, and a score of at least 14 for each of the test components of speaking and writing
- PTE – Academic at least 36 in each of the test components
- CAE – at least 154 in each of the test components.
- English exemptions are available for candidates having 5 years of English medium study,
- your occupations require registration which is subject to some English requirement. Your registration is approved.
Contact us to check further exemptions
- Police clearances
- Health insurance for the 482 visa
Permanent Residency Pathway:
- Maximum four years of visa can be granted for MLTSSL occupations
- No limit on extension if the occupation is in MLTSSL.
- Permanent residency pathway via ENS 186 TRT stream is available after 3 years. The applicant under old rules can apply for the Permanent residency in 2-year time.. (Those applicants who applied for his previous 457 before 18th April 2017 and that was approved).
- Permanent residency is possible via skilled or other pathways as well.
Contact us for more details